Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What a Wednesday!

7 AM, and our condo was shakin' this morning! Steve got the girls up and they had breakfast together! By 8:30 the girls and I were on the beach catching some sun and shells! The water was a little rough and the girls' healthy fear of the water seemed to disappear today, so we didn't stay at the beach too long! We went to the pool for a little while, but then Reagan had, ummm, should I say a difficult time, so we headed up to our room to work through things and regroup! We watched a Blue's Clues and got ready to go on a lunch "date"!

When I was little we would go to this restaurant that had fried pickles. I used to love them! Steve showed me a menu when I got here for a little place that has fried pickles (along with fried everything else!) so my mouth has been watering since I saw the menu! So the girls and I went there for our little "date". We had so much fun! The girls had fried pickles, fried mushrooms and fried pickles! (Along with a very cheesy grilled cheese sandwich and French fries!) Everything was great and the service was wonderful! We just took our time and laughed and laughed and laughed. We sure did wish Daddy-O was with us, though!

By the time we got back home, I thought the girls would be worn out, but they weren't! (It must have been the cake with the yummy chocolate topping!) So, I put Sydney to bed and then Reagan and I grabbed our own rocking chairs on the balcony and read our books!

It was so beautiful outside that I packed up a picnic and we had dinner on the beach! The girls just couldn't stay out of the ocean! By the time we were done they were both soaked! They were so cute!!

Ahhhhh...It's off to relax for a little while!


4 comments:

Taraleigh said...

Oh, I just saw that you computer is back up. It looks BEAUTIFUL there. Brianna and I are loving looking at all the pictures! Give us a call on your trek home. :)

Anonymous said...

I love fried pickles too! There is a place in Oviedo that has them. We'll have to go sometime! By the way,you take such great pictures!
See you guys soon!
Julie S.

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

OMG! I just found out about fried pickles recently! I love them! My mouth is watering!!! Seriously, Meghann. Do margaritas and fried pickles go together?!?!?!?!

I LOVE THE PICTURES...

Anonymous said...

Mama says....so, Meghann, were the pickles as good now as when you were a little girl???? Couldn't tell by the picture that Sydney really "loved" them! They look so cute...surely do miss ya'll!

Love,
Mama