Sunday, September 23, 2007

Thursday: North Carolina Bound!

At 5 AM on Thursday morning I jumped out of bed. That is extremely unusual for me! But I couldn't wait to get on the road and see my husband. And since I wasn't sure how the ride would go, I figured we better get an early start! We packed my van the day before with a ridiculous amount of stuff and the girls slept in their outfits so all I had to do was move them from their beds to their car seats! We had a GREAT trip. Reagan stayed awake for all but about 30 minutes of the entire drive! She was so excited about going to the beach, but her concept of time is that it only takes an hour to get to the beach! So, from about 6:30 AM on, I heard "Are we there yet?? Are we there yet??"

We stopped for breakfast at Chick-fil-a and lunch at Cracker Barrel and that's it! I couldn't believe we didn't have to make any other bathroom stops! Thanks to Dena and the many DVDs she lent us, I hardly heard a peep from the backseat! We arrived at Topsail Island around 5 PM and got all settled in before Steve came home from work. Our place is pretty nice! We have a two bed/two bath condo on the beach! I've been sitting out on the balcony reading during the day and we've enjoyed a beautiful, quiet beach and a sweet indoor pool! The girls are sharing a room and from the amount of chatter that I can hear at nap time and bed time, I believe they are enjoying themselves!

My computer broke (my new one this time) the day before I came up here, we have no phone in the condo, and my cell phone gets no reception here at the condo, so I've had lots of quiet time and have been able to rest when the girls do and have been able to add some extra exercise to the day!

So here is the adorable view I was able to see as I looked in my rear view mirror on the way up to NC!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grannie says....glad to be at work so I could check out your blog and see what ya'll have been up to! Was wondering why we hadn't heard from you via phone....Sounds like a wonderful, relaxing time you're having. Did ya'll get to do anything over the weekend with Steve? Give the girls hugs and kisses for me!

Love,
Mama

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

OMG! I didn't know you were driving by YOURSELF?!?!?! I'm shocked! What a brave mama you are!!!

Oh, and Sydney looks hilarious in that yellow bucket! I can't believe she fit down inside it! ;o)

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!