Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Could This NOT Be The One?!?!

We've been moving towards closing, but everything is at a stand still right now. The appraiser went to appraise the home today, and there are several things about the house that he would call "hazardous" (a bush growing the pool, plants growing through the windows on the porch, water in the basement). Since it is not appraising at the right price, we are unable to get a loan for it. So, we are calling off the inspection for tomorrow and will see what happens over the next few days. I believe we have until Monday to back out of the contract.

We both really like the house. We also like it's location and the land that it's on. We both have vision for it and at this point would even still look for ways to keep the process going. On the other hand, we really want to be seeking the Lord. A friend went by the house today and looked through it really well and just cautioned Steve that there may be a lot more work than we think. This could be God's way of protecting us from a major money pit, too!

Also, we have to give our notice to the rental company for the house we are in right now in October. We know the Lord knows exactly where we are supposed to settle, we just need wisdom!!! Even if we don't get this house, I'm grateful for the conversations that Steve and I have had about undertaking a big project together. I am grateful for what it's revealed in my heart. I'm grateful for the home we have now and that Steve takes such good care of us and is seeking to glorify the Lord with our finances! So, we could be house hunting instead of shopping for floors this weekend, but that's fun, too!

5 comments:

flfreckles.blogspot.com said...

Oh Meghann I will be praying for you and that God gives you peace through this process, and that He will work everything out for your good and his glory. I will be praying. Miss yall but so excited for all that God is doing in and through yall in GEORGIA! ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, you are right, this may be God's protection for ya'll and you know that if this doesn't work out it just means HE has something better for you......Will be praying for wisdom.

Love,
Mama

Ann said...

We are praying for you all! I know God has the perfect place.

Love you,
Mom

Erin said...

I know I always offer off the wall suggestions and comments and I don't even know all the details, but if the location and property is so nice and the place so bad, could it be bulldozed and a new one built in it's place?

Amanda said...

I'm with Erin, just knock it down and build a new one :) I'm praying for you guys!! Love you so much!