Monday, October 5, 2009

House Update!

Well, the Lord very clearly shut the door to the Kellogg Creek house, and although we were a little disappointed at first, we are grateful that more issues came to light before we made a big investment! We are planning on looking at more houses on Thursday! So, the hunt begins again! I am looking forward to finding where we are to settle, but I'm also grateful that we are where we are right now! So, Thursday we'll focus on houses in Woodstock and then we'll go from there. I am glad the girls are excited about looking at different houses, too! They've been so good going from place to place!

My friend Jenn emailed this quote on impatience to me. As I've thought about it multiple times today I am even more aware of how impatient I am...I want to know where we are going to live...now. I want my children to do what I want them to do...now. I want so many things right now. How grateful I am that the LORD is so patient with me! How grateful I am that He sees each moment of our day and He has them all planned out perfectly!

"Impatience is a form of unbelief. It's what we begin to feel when we start to doubt the wisdom of God's timing or the goodness of God's guidance. It springs up in our hearts when our plan is interrupted or shattered. The opposite of impatience is not a glib denial of loss. It's a deepening, ripening, peaceful willingness to wait for God in the unplanned place of obedience - and to walk with God at the unplanned pace of obedience. To wait in His place and go at His pace." (John Piper, Future Grace)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mama says....will be interesting to see what you find on Thursday! Is this a lesson in patience?

Love,
Mama