Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Could This Be The One?!?!

We just may have found our new home! Well, it's not quite new =), but it has lots of potential!! We looked at this home several weeks ago and to be honest, I didn't even really "look" very well. I was too concerned the girls may touch something...or that something may come out after us! Truly, I don't think I've ever seen so much stuff in one house in my life! Steve liked it after we looked at it. Me? Not so much. But I kept praying about it. And last weekend we went to look at multiple other newer, cleaner, move in ready homes...but this time I kept going back to the other one, too!

Yesterday we put an offer in on the house. Today they countered. We agreed to the counter with the addition that they remove ALL the "stuff"! So, now we are waiting again! We have to have an inspection and if everything comes back A-OK, it looks like we could be closing in 14 days! Then we have loads of work to do before we move in in January!

Here are a few details:
It's 4 sided brick, 1 1/2 stories
It's on about 2 1/2 acres and minutes away from the church property and Lake Alatoona
It's got a huge pool!! (Which right now has a bush growing in it!)
It's got character and needs a lot of care!

Here are a few pictures we took when we went to look at it yesterday. We didn't get as many as I thought we did - none of the bedrooms, bonus room, bathrooms, porch or pool. Hopefully I can get some soon! Please be praying that God will give us wisdom and that the remodeling would be able to be done well and finished by the time we need to be out of our house we are in now!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow! We'll be praying for you. There is a TON of stuff in that house!!! It does look like it has great potential! YAY!

Amanda said...

oh my! The outside is adorable :) I know you guys can do wonders!
You can always live with Mark & Kim until you're done, i'll just volunteer them for that :)

Tracy said...

WOW! This reminds me so much of our house before we started renovating it. It is a lot of fun to make a house "your own" but I also know how much work it is. I will pray that you guys get it and that all the renovating goes smooth and QUICK :)