Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Baby Has Turned Big Girl!!

Reagan began Kindergarten on Monday!!

It's hard to believe my sweet baby doesn't have hair that stands up on end anymore, that she outgrows shoes faster than I can blink, that she can empty the dishwasher, and that she started school this week. OK, I'm getting a little teary-eyed...let's shift gears! =) She did wonderful! She's a fun little girl to teach, too. I have to admit, I feel a bit overwhelmed that I am teaching my daughters school, but I am also grateful that God has laid it on our hearts and given us faith to home school our girls. Reagan learned her vowels this week, had a spelling test (one of the words was "a" =)!!), had great conversations about Bible, read some books, and practiced math and handwriting. Her favorite so far is math! We are doing a four day work week, so Fridays are reserved for play!

Sydney and Jordyn did really well, too. Sydney sits in for some of it and the other times she does puzzles or plays with different toys. Jordyn takes her morning nap during most of R's "school day"!Math time!
Sydney is the puzzle queen!
First day of school picture!
Donuts for breakfast!They couldn't take their eyes off of them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me teary-eyed, too! Guess she is going to be a Math expert like her Daddy! (I always remember him telling me after youth-group one night at McDonalds how he "LOVED" calculus..nuts, huh??) The pictures are all adorable....now all she needs to do to look like an "official" school girl is lose her two front teeth!!

Love,
Mama/Grannie

Amy Williams said...

Awww. Add me in to the teary-eyed group!!! I can't believe how big she is! I am sure she will have so much fun in kindergarten, especially with such a great teacher!

Ann said...

She's so big. Oh how I love that girl. Kisses and hugs to all.

Mom/Sitti

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

ohmygoodness! WHERE has time gone?! what a big girl you are, reagan! auntie jenn is SO excited that you have started school!! i can't wait to see how much you learn this year!!!!

(love you, meghann!)