Thursday, July 2, 2009

Scare of the Day!

So, I had this idea to go and take some pictures of the girls at the National Cemetery today. I wanted to pick up an outfit idea for Reagan and I was sure they would have what I needed at Target. So after lunch, I packed up the girls and off for a quick run to the store we went. It was supposed to be one of those in-and-out uneventful kind of trips. But nope, that's not what was in store for our afternoon. Reagan was getting out of one side of the van while I was getting Jordyn from the other side - while I was talking on the phone. I had already pressed the "lock" button and dropped the keys down in my purse. All of a sudden I hear this child screaming. A few seconds later I realize it was my child. I shutter as I think of it even now. I ran to the other side and saw her hand - 4 fingers outside the door, her thumb completely caught. I braced myself for what it was going to look like once I got the door open. Amazingly, she had just a small cut on her hand. By this time, Sydney, Reagan and I are all crying! I'm sure we were a sight to behold!! A man ran in to get her ice and I held her and we prayed that God would just heal her little hand. She was so brave I couldn't believe it. (It usually takes her days to recover from a skinned knee!) She could wiggle her fingers and there was barely any blood. I told her we could leave right then and go call Mrs. Renee (a wonderful lady in our church who has a nursing background). She told me she wanted to go on ahead in and do our shopping. What a girl! So, of course the girls got ICEEs and cookies for being so brave (Reagan) and being so sweet (Sydney). Then I dropped the little girls off at home and took Reagan to see Renee. Thankfully, she is fine (she even played Play-doh at the McKenzie's and had another cookie!). I'm sure it will be black and blue tomorrow, but she was a trooper today! It sure does hurt to see your babies hurting. I would much rather it be me!!!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Poor little girl.=( Makes me sad to hear that even though I know she's fine now. What a sweet sister Sydney is. Glad she's okay.

Lots of hugs to those little ones,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Grannie says.....me too. I hope our prayers helped her feel better. And thanks to Sweet Sydney for being so a wonderful comforter.

Hugs & Kisses to my girlies!

Mama/Grannie