Monday, July 20, 2009

Some Random Catching Up!

Last week came and went so quickly - as do many weeks! It seems like I blink and the day is over. (Even if in the midst of it it has seemed like a long day.)

The first three days last week included two hours of swim lessons and some play time in the pool. Sydney was moved up to be in a class where I wasn't needed! It was so strange to see my little monkey hanging on for life in the deep end of the pool, learning to "dive" and attempting to jump off the diving board! I say "attempting" because the first couple of times she just jumped straight up and down almost busting her bottom on the board - so the teacher had me give her a little shove to make sure she didn't end up with a sore bottom! Reagan did incredible. She was swimming like a fish - by the end of the week she was racing and swimming from one end of the pool to the other. Every time she raced as soon as she popped out of the water she wanted to know if she won or not! (Hmmm...who could she get that from?!?! Maybe she has a wee-bit competitiveness in her after all!) On my drive to swim lessons on Tuesday I turned up the wrong driveway. I say up because it's like going up a mountain. I was trying to back out and let's say I had plenty of room on one side of the van. The other side ended up in a ditch and I hit the people's mailbox. I was so bummed. I called Steve and he came right to my rescue (very patiently, too). Thankfully another dad had come to watch his little girl at swim lessons that day and helped Steve out. I'm glad to say their mailbox was fine, but I do have a ding on my van. It could have been much worse, though. We even made it in time for swim lessons!

Jordyn has cut several more teeth and we enjoyed a couple of weeks with her being more cheerful. Last week was not one of those weeks, though! Poor baby is back to screaming. Today she made herself pass out again. I'm grateful that the Lord loves this precious little girl. I'm grateful that my hope is in Him and that He gives us wisdom and grace when we call out to Him! I did take her for a long walk the other day - just her and me - and she seemed to really enjoy that! Oh, and she finally pulled herself up! She pulled up on the fireplace and as soon as she saw me looking at her she threw herself on the wood floor and started crying! But ah-ha! Now I know she can do it!! I love watching Reagan love on her. Even if it's been a day when Jordyn has screamed the majority of the time she's been up, Reagan just tells her how much she loves her and loves having a baby sister and how sweet she is...and then she makes her laugh! All R has to do is say "boo" and she'll have Jordyn laughing away!

Yesterday we went to the park in our neighborhood and Reagan was on the hunt for bugs for her bug box. Unfortunately we only found one dead beetle. When she put him in the box his head fell off, but she still kept him! She wanted to bring him home to see what kind of beetle it was. She's putting her new bug book to good use!

Last night we went over to some friends house for a campfire cookout! The weather has been beautiful here and last night was perfect for cooking hot dogs and making s'mores! I love watching the girls run around and play. Sydney even did really good around their dogs! Usually she clings to me when there are big dogs but she's getting used to them now! I wish I had a picture of her sitting by herself enjoying every bite of her s'more. She ate it for about 20 minutes! It was so cool to be sitting outside by a camp fire with little kids running around laughing and playing and watching fireflies dance around in the night sky!

I'm looking forward to a NEW week. I'm looking forward to NEW mercies. I'm looking forward to planning for a NEW school year with Reagan. I'm looking forward to going to the library with the girls and letting them pick out NEW books for us to explore this week (right now we are finishing up the Boxcar Children - #1, Amelia Bedelia, The Tale of Peter Rabbit, and The Book of Virtues for Children). I'm looking forward to seeing what NEW silly, sweet and funny things come out of my girls' mouths. I'm looking forward to NEW conversations with my man. I'm looking forward to game night with our now not-so-NEW good friends (it's been 6 months now!)! I'm looking forward to making a NEW recipe this week - Spicy Buffalo Chicken Salad. I'm looking forward to seeing what NEW tricks the girls can do in the pool. All in this one week, too! =)

Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing Mama and Sissy on Friday!!! And then JJ the next Thursday! Whew...I just thought the last few weeks flew by! =)


3 comments:

Janelle Morrison said...

WAHOO!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! They've grown sooooooo much. Love the pictures. Hope I get to see them swim at some point this weekend.

Hugs & kisses to all.

Love,
Mama

Ann said...

Oh my. They look so big! Tell Reagan her Sitti said she can tell that Jordyn really likes having her as a big sister. You can just see it in her face where she and Reagan are together. Love and miss those precious little ones, and you too.

Mom