Wednesday, July 22, 2009

He's Always Been Faithful! (And Always Will Be!)

This has been a challenging day...week...month...year with our littlest one. She truly is a gift to us. I love when she sucks her thumb and rests her head on me. I love when she laughs when she sees herself in the mirror in the car. I love when we ask her for her kiss and she tilts her forehead towards us to give her kisses! She is beautiful. She has this wonderful big brown eyes and cute wispy blonde hair and big feet and you cutest baby chub. She also has an incredibly loud angry scream - which she uses consistently from the time she wakes up until she goes to bed. I pray over her, hold her, put her down, discipline her, play with her, talk to her...nothing seems to help right now.

Thankfully, and only by the grace of God, I find myself loving her more every day. And that is truly God's grace. It doesn't mean that I don't get angry, tired and feel like I have lost a ton of brain cells the last few months in particular, but it does mean that the Lord is drawing me nearer to Him. Nearer to the Cross. I wake up praying for the Lord to give me strength and wisdom and I'm looking for ways to be more compassionate (not a gifting of mine). I'm speaking more Truth to myself and trying to cultivate more of a heart of gratefulness - which can definitely be difficult when I'm wanting peace and quiet and time to do what I want to do. I'm repenting regularly of my selfishness and lack of patience.

I am grateful for God's faithfulness to me. I am so grateful that I can look back time after time, season after season - times of joy and times of trial - and see that not once has He been unfaithful. He is always faithful! And although many times I at a loss of what to do with this precious baby, God isn't and He isn't surprised at what is going on in my heart. He is in control and He is good! This is another season in our lives and I hope and pray that we are found being faithful to the Lord and faithful to what He's entrusted to our care!

This is one of my favorite songs which lifts my eyes to the Lord!

Morning by morning I wake up to find
The power and comfort of God’s hand in mine
Season by season I watch Him, amazed
In awe of the mystery of His perfect ways
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful to me.

I can’t remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can’t remember one single regret
In serving God only, and trusting His hand
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful to me.

This is my anthem, this is my song
The theme of the stories I’ve heard for so long
God has been faithful, He will be again
His loving compassion, it knows no end
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful, He’s always been faithful
He’s always been faithful to me.

5 comments:

Sara said...

I will be praying for you Meghann! I can't wait to get home and hang out! Miss you

Ann said...

One of my all time favorite songs.
Looking back at HIS faithfulness helps us to look forward in difficult seasons.

Love and praying for you all.

Mom

Amanda said...

I am praying dear friend!!! REST in those mercies and His great faithfulness :)

Anonymous said...

Mama says.....Amen! That is a wonderful song and such a great reminder of HIS faithfulness. Praying for you ALL and looking forward to seeing you tomorrow :-)

Erin said...

Hey. Do you think it could be something medically hurting her?