Tuesday, July 7, 2009

13 months and some change!


Jordyn is 13 months old and some change...and she has been changing some, too! This morning I went into her room and she was sitting up by herself. Yep, over thirteen months old and this is the first time I have caught her after she has gone from laying down to sitting up all by herself. I bet she's done it before...I just haven't seen her do it. And she's had a lot more cheerful days recently. July 4th was a huge change - she was happy all day long! It was so pleasant and so much fun! She's made it through worship and announcements (with only having to be taken out once last Sunday) the last 3 Sundays and is doing really well in Sunday school! She loves laughing at Reagan and playing chase around the couch. She still won't pull herself up or say anything, but I'm sure it won't be long!

Unfortunately she has discovered how to make herself pass out. She passed out when she got her shots a couple of weeks ago which I could totally understand. But since then she has been holding her breath when she gets angry and makes herself pass out. It's quite freaky. Last night at dinner she did a semi-pass out. It's the first time Steve's seen her do it. She turns super pale and there she goes. It happens quite quickly, but I don't like it one bit. I'm praying that the Lord will give her a little heart that is self-controlled and that she will not be so angry! Thankfully the Lord is giving me much love for this child, because she is definitely very challenging (this morning being one of those times!). And I love that the girls still love her and want to play with her after she's screamed for an hour and a half straight!

Hopefully next week I'll start taking her to the pool more and getting her used to it before our August vacation to the beach. I'm really hoping she'll start to enjoy the water and decide to have some fun!!

Lord, thank you for this child who stretches me and shows me how dependent I am on You on a daily basis. Thank You for choosing Jordyn to be our little girl and for those moments when she gives us her goofy smile and silly little laugh or when she snuggles with me! Thank You that You promise to give us wisdom when we ask for it and seek You! Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And this is why your blog is called "A Handful!" Isn't it great that we can ask for God's help? He will get you AND Jordyn through this....

Love,
Mama

Mandy Reel said...

Meghann, I'll be praying for Jordyn to quickly grow out of this phase. Isn't it amazing what little sin-mortifiers our sweet babies can be for us! :) Madisyn went through a phase of gagging herself and vomiting - like projectile vomiting! - almost every night at bedtime for over 9 months and other times when she just wanted her way. I'm so grateful to be on the other side of that phase now! (I'm almost afraid to write this for fear of jinxing things and her starting it again! haha ) God will be faithful to help you guys through this season! Can't wait to here what he does in your heart as you train your sweet girl! :)

Dena & Derek said...

And I thought it was boys who were supposed to do things slower! Maybe little Jett man can get up there and shower her how to do some stuff! Haha! Of course, this just means that in a few years Jett will be running and carrying on like mad while Jordyn figures out a substitute energy source or something while reading the back of a cereal box! :)