Thursday, December 2, 2010

Since June 22...

June 22 seems like a very, very long time ago. Since then I fell off the blogging world wagon and right now I am finding the desire to run and catch it! I've kept up with Facebook, posting pictures and updates, but how I wish I would have kept my thoughts here - in one clean little nook on my computer. But that's okay, today I start fresh. Today I am hoping to begin adding the funny and thoughtful parts of our days so that when I want to remember the hilarious words that spill out of Sydney's mouth or the sweet encouragement from Reagan, or the picture of a moment that says more than words can express, I can just pop on here and see it again. Also, as I look back over former posts, I am overwhelmed with God's faithfulness, provision and kindness and I want to keep seeing that - over and over and over again!

So, quick recap.

Over the summer, we had 8 consecutive weeks of company. We love being able to share our home. We love having people here - laughing, playing, talking, and praying together. Listening to little people try to fall asleep even though they are so excited they can barely stand it! Trying to fall asleep ourselves because some visits are just too short! We are so grateful for all the friends and family who have been here over this past year and look forward to many, many more guests!

The week after our last summer visitors, Ben and Cristina and Luke moved in with us! It has been a uniques season having dear friends stay with us. Having a friend in the house during the day to talk to has been wonderful! It sure is going to be a lot quieter in a few weeks when they move into their own beautiful new home about 30 minutes away!

We haven't done much work on the house since the summer. A little painting here and there, and a lot of yard work. Steve is amazing at cutting down trees, hauling things away, etc, etc. I truly think he can figure out how to do just about anything!

The girls and I have loved getting to know our neighbors better. They are so sweet and Mrs. Cherry has watched Sydney and Jordyn and Reagan several times for me during the day to run errands or take Reagan to Timothy.

Reagan has lost 3 teeth this month alone. She's lost 5 all together! I love, love, love to see her smile! She saved her "tooth daddy" money and went to the American Girl Store this week to buy something for her Kit doll!

We spent time in Orlando a couple of weeks ago to celebrate Amy and Kaleb's wedding! It was so fun being able to be a part of the wedding week and day! I can't wait to see all the pictures. Of course, Amy was a stunning bride! Steve was able to spend the week before with Danny in Greenville while all of us girls did fun things like shopping, planning, pedicures, etc! The girls were thrilled to be flower girls and are still talking about the fun they had!

We've been hiking, playing, working and enjoying life. I find my days go by way too quick. As I write so many memories flood my mind - so many highlights of the last few months - but I think I should probably just start fresh (again).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama says,

I am sooooooooooooooo glad that you are back to blogging. I LOVE reading your thoughts, your stories, your encouragements....and the list goes on and on...or was it "The Gift Goes On?"

Nikki said...

YAY! You're back :)
Glad that you are doing the 100 joys too :)