Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Didn't Escape the Bug...

I thought I made it through all the sickness and cleaning up...that is until the wee hours of this morning. Then it hit. Over the last couple of hours I have been so blessed by my husband who has taken care of me so well. He immediately called into work and told them he needed to take care of the kiddos today, he's checked in on me and brought me refills of Sprite. We just talked about growing in compassion and it seems like after we have conversations like that good opportunities are just around the corner!

AND then Cristina offered to watch the girls so that Steve could go and work. Cristina who is helping her husband and preparing to move in a few days. Who has plenty to do on her own. But I hear them downstairs making Gingerbread cookies and laughing and having fun. I definitely wouldn't choose to get sick. Especially in December - less than two weeks before we leave for Orlando, but again I'm glad my plans aren't His plans. I'm thankful that I can rest today and get well quickly and that my girls are having fun and aren't having to sit in front of movies all day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I hate to hear that you got the bug....will now pray that Steve and Jordyn....Cristina, Ben and Luke don't get it!

Hope you get over it as quickly as the girls did.

Love,
Mama
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo