Monday, April 27, 2009

Sydney is 3!!

Sunday was Sydney's 3rd birthday, but we celebrated on Friday night! Mama came into town to watch the girls so Steve and I could go camping (more on that shortly!) and we were excited she was able to celebrate our little monkey's birthday with us! I made pink cupcakes with sprinkles and we had a really yummy dinner! I don't think that Sydney has ever eaten as fast as she did. She could barely wait to eat her cupcake and very seriously tear into her presents! She got lots of fun pieces to go with her doll house and a Barney video.

Sydney, I am so grateful to God for giving you to us. You make us laugh so hard. You bring us so much joy. You cause us to seek God for much wisdom! You have grown so much this year. Your chubby cheeks have slimmed down and you look more like a little girl than a baby. God has been changing your little heart. You are sweeter than ever before. I love to watch you greet people in the grocery store or at church. I love your little personality and how you can play by yourself for hours. You can put together puzzles in no time flat without even looking at the boxes! You know all your colors and can say your ABCs. My favorite, though, is when you dance when we are having family time and when you pray for your sissies. Happy, Happy Birthday, my silly, fun-loving darling!!


2 comments:

Ann said...

So sad we weren't able to be there.
It looks like she really liked her cupcakes and had fun too.

Hugs from her Sitti!

Anonymous said...

Grannie says....We missed you & Jim, Ann!

Sydney DID have fun and was sooooooo serious when opening her gifts....cute and funny, too...glad I could be there!

Love to all....Mama/Grannie