Monday, April 27, 2009

Celebrating 8 Years With My Love!

This weekend Mama came up to watch the girls so Steve and I could get away and celebrate our 8 year anniversary! We had so much fun! We went hiking and camping on the Appalachian Trail. It was a total stretch from me, but I loved it! We left our house at 6 AM on Saturday morning and started hiking about 8:30. The views of the mountains were gorgeous, the weather was beautiful and it was wonderful to have no distractions. We hiked and talked and hiked and hiked! We were so blessed by some friends of ours with great hiking and camping equipment! About 4:30 we found a great little creek on the Trail and pitched our tent. We ate our fun dinners (I had vegetable lasagna!) which were actually really good and Steve built a campfire and we had hot chocolate (well, mine was pink!). We were whipped, so we went to bed pretty much as soon as it got dark! I hardly slept at all. I heard at least 4 animals by our tent throughout the night. I was too scared to open the tent and look out, but I didn't want to wimp out and wake up Steve!! But we could see straight out of the top of our tent and I could see what seemed like thousands of stars. It was breathtaking! We got up about 6:30 the next morning and oh-my-goodness were we sore! I can't believe how many muscles I could feel! We started hiking again and I didn't know if I'd make it! But I did! I'm so grateful we got to get away and try something new together! I love adventures and I love going on them with my hubby! I'd definitely do it again...sometime down the road! For now I think I'll be popping Advil for the next few days!!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

oh how fun! I took my first backpacking trip in the Chatahoochee wilderness too :) maybe someday i'll be in shape enough to go again!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you could get away and that the girls & I could spend time together! Here's wishing you MANY MANY More Happy years together.

Love,
Mama