Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pictures in My Mind!

There were two things that we've done the last few days that I sure wish I would have had my camera ready for! Sunday afternoon Steve had the idea of us all going hiking on one of the trails that goes through our neighborhood. I wasn't too excited at first, just because lugging Jordyn isn't the easiest thing to do through the woods and her legs are too fat to strap her into her Baby Bjorn. BUT I was able to rig up her B.B. and fit her in it! The girls did amazing!! We hiked to the Etowah River and it was so cool! Reagan has become quiet daring...she even walked across a log over a creek all by herself and tried climbing this really cool tree! Reagan and Sydney were so cute. They each found a "walking stick", which worked great until they started running with them. I think I gasped a few too many times on this little hike! They found nuts and rocks and "flowers" and Reagan killed a nice juicy bug that landed on her! We tried hiking a different trail when we first moved here and Sydney didn't make it too far that time. This time, though, she did GREAT! She didn't even whine! It was a beautiful little hike - I love that everything is turning green again. Hopefully we'll be able to do it a few more times before the bugs start coming to life again!

For my birthday yesterday my wonderful hubby took me out to dinner and then we went and did a little shopping! I had been looking forward to this date night for weeks now!! He found a restaurant called Copelands that serves Cajun food. It was as good as eating in New Orleans. I haven't been to a place outside of Louisiana that cooks up Cajun food as good as this was! The red beans and rice took me back to days when my mom and I would go to the French Quarter and I would order them for dessert! Steve and I split this huge seafood platter (fried oysters, fried crawfish, fried shrimp, fried fish, French fries, fried, fried, fried) and the red beans and rice. There was so much food we didn't even come close to finishing it all! (And yes, visiting the gym was a high priority for me today!!) We went to the mall and I was able to find a couple of things I have been needing - and it was so nice to be able to try them on in a dressing room all by myself!!

God has truly blessed me so much more than I deserve. Today I kept thinking about the last 29 years and the family, the friends, the church, the amazing husband, the children whom I love, love, love (even when the Lord is using them to sanctify me =)!), His provision and kindness towards me.
Wow!! I could go on and on, but my husband is ready to watch 24!!! I love that even when I don't have pictures from my camera, He still allows me to keep pictures in my mind!

2 comments:

Janelle Morrison said...

I'll get the chocolate chip cookies- don't start 24 without me...

=)

Anonymous said...

Mama says....You ARE blessed! And, YOU are a blessing! What wonderful, fun memories you & Steve are making with your little girls.

Love and anxious to see you all!
Mama