Monday, January 3, 2011

...and a partridge in a pear tree! =)

Whew, December is over. We are already 3 days into 2011. We had a great Christmas with family and friends. I better put down a quick re-cap of the month!

December 17: We had our family Christmas Eve dinner and opened our p.j.s from Steve and he read the Christmas story.

December 18: We celebrated Christmas together. The girls had a blast and we had fun playing with their new toys. It was a relaxing day...until I had to pack for Orlando!! =) The girls opened their big gift from us which was going to be 2 hamsters (now we are going for one guinea pig - a little more durable!).

December 19: Reagan was in the little Christmas choir at church. They sang Hope Came Down and Go Tell it on the Mountain. She was so cute =). After church we had a potluck and then jumped in the van to head to Orlando!!!

In Orlando we stayed at Mama's. (By the way, she is one of the most gracious servants I know. I hope I am as selfless as she is one day.) We were able to hang out with her and Mom and Dad and Amy and Kaleb and Sissy and Mark and the twins and Emma! We also were able to have dinner with Jenn and David one night and the Traugotts! It was so good to visit Metro, too! We spent Christmas Eve-Eve at Mom and Dad's and then Christmas Eve at Mark and Sissy's. The week was full! We were able to help Mom and Dad pack and reminisce about many fond memories that were made in that home. The night before we left we also were able to go out for a yummy steak dinner with Mama!

Last week was full of playing, going to the gym, unpacking, and trying to resume "normal" life! Steve and I have been able to look back over the last year and see God's faithfulness, provision, and sustaining grace. We have been looking forward and talking about our hopes for this next year. My common answer right now is "Lord willing". We make plans, but I am thankful that it is the LORD who ordains our steps and nothing comes to us without first passing through His loving hands. I'm grateful that I don't know what this next year holds, but I know who is in control of each of my days and He never changes!


No comments: