Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thought

The last 6 weeks or so, the Lord keeps bringing this verse to my mind...

"The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."
Proverbs 16:9

And it has been helping me, day in and day out in my prayers and in my outlook for this day and future days. So often I have an agenda, I have a to do list, I have MY plans, but more than anything I want what the Lord has planned for my day, my life. I want to be faithful in planning, but I don't ever want to hold my plans with clenched fists. And how refreshing it is to know that the Lord establishes our steps?!?! I mean, who is man that God is mindful of him? The God of the universe has our days planned out. He knows what today and tomorrow hold, and looking at how faithful He has been throughout history, how grateful I am that He is writing out our today and tomorrows!

No comments: