Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ahhh...Fall is in the Air!

This last week has been wonderful with the weather changing and all! The girls have played outside more this week than I think they did all summer. Sunday we went to a Pumpkin Patch after the girls woke up from their naps! Sydney really liked the white pumpkins and Reagan liked the big ones! She did find a little plastic one amidst the big ones and the nice lady let her keep it! We ended up with a good sized pumpkin and carved it out as soon as we got home! The girls thought that was pretty fun. This was the first time Steve ever carved a pumpkin. Reagan was adamant that the pumpkin have 5 teeth -that was her main request - oh, and a triangle nose. I roasted the seeds after we carved it and they were so good. I also bought a little pie pumpkin at Publix and made my first from scratch pumpkin pie. It was pretty easy and so yummy!! We also baked apples the other night - another Fall food favorite of mine! Here are some pumpkin pictures!


Reagan Loves Bugs!

Steve found this really cool caterpillar last Sunday in the backyard. We are pretty sure it is going to turn into a really big moth. Reagan thought it was so cool and has been on the hunt for it since then. Hopefully he has found his way to safety (away from curious little hands that is!). Also, they found a slug. Reagan let it crawl all over her. She came in and told me it had "snotted" all over her. GROSS! I'm glad she's not scared of them, though!!

Big Sis!

Reagan has been asking me for weeks if she could help me feed Jordyn. She's given her a couple of bottles now and she is so sweet with her! I can't believe how big she is getting.

1 comment:

Janelle Morrison said...

Oh my gosh I MISS You guys! I can't believe how fast the girls are growing. I love hearing about their personalities continuing to develop. Meghann, you're amazing. The pumpkin patch the carving (I loved the magnadoodle picture) AND the baking. You are wonder woman.

Love you guys!!!