Thursday, August 21, 2008

Deals!

This month I've been trying to learn how to save on our budget while it not consuming all my time. I've had some great help from some of my friends who are truly living their lives as Proverbs 31 women. This month I've tried to just spend a couple of hours a week planning my different grocery/store trips and have limited how much time I spend surfing the net for deals. Hopefully as I get better with what I've started doing this month I'll be able to find even better ways to save money for our family! I have found it very difficult to stay in budget with food and diapers and now we are adding formula to the mix, so I wanted to see how much I could save this month by making a few changes! It's been fun for me to try to see what deals are out there and to see the savings. I actually think I'm going to stay well in budget this month! Yay!!!

So, here's where I've started:

www.moneysavingmom.com - She gives great tips and tells about a lot of deals. She posts a lot, so I just skim over it.

www.couponmom.com - She has a ton of info on her website. I haven't looked over much of it, but I have been getting my Publix list from her site and have printed coupons from there.

www.thegrocerygame.com - I subscribed to this site for the CVS list. It makes shopping easy! (Although I'm stilling trying to figure out the Extra Care Bucks!)

So, I've kept a tally this month and by using coupons, Extra Care Bucks, shopping for Buy One/Get Ones, rebates, etc. I've saved a total of AT LEAST $200.00!! And I usually go over getting only what will get us through the month. This month we are well supplied with diapers that will last us through next month (at least for Jordyn!), plenty of toiletry items, cereal, and quite a bit still in the pantry!!

This wasn't my best run of the month, but I paid $7.10 for everything in this picture!
(2 cans of Enfamil Lipil, 1 Jumbo pack of Luvs, Glade oil plug in, 3 deodorants, 1 Johnson's Buddies Soap, Travel sizes of Tide and All, 2 boxes of Pop Tarts, 2 Shampoos)

If you have any money saving tips, I'd love to hear them!!

3 comments:

Janelle Morrison said...

uh-mazing! I can't wait to get back so you can tell me how to do everything! =)

Anonymous said...

Will you help me???????

Love,
Mama

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. I hope it continues great for you. I"m gonna let you be the guinea pig and tell me if you keep saving and you're able/think it's worth keeping up!!

I'm still trying to rebound from when I tried to do this (not exactly the same way as you, just the same idea) and it didn't work out. But I didn't have a mentor. When you're good enough, maybe you can be mine??

Cher