Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Busy Day!

Today was quite a busy, fun-filled day! This morning when Reagan and Sydney were eating breakfast Steve called and sent Reagan on a hunt for a gift he had left her. I don't think I've seen her move that fast in a while!! She found her new Hi Ho Cheery-O game and it kept her busy 'til we left the house about lunch time! Sydney became a little possessive of new book her Daddy left for her, too. They were so cute playing with their new toys!

We packed up and headed to Dena's for lunch. Reagan was so excited to play with Mia and Ella and I so enjoyed visiting with my sweet friend! I went to get my hair done (Yippee!) and then came back to pick up the girls. Reagan did not want to leave her friends, but we had other adventures to finish out the day with! We ran home, made dinner and went to visit some of our other friends! Reagan and Sydney loved playing until 9 PM - yes, they went strong all day long and were absolutely wonderful for me! We had a wonderful time visiting and by the time we were out of their neighborhood the girls were passed out in the backseat. They didn't even budge once we arrived home!

For about the last year or so Reagan has had so much fun finding things she can do to help me around the house. This week she has been particularly interested in helping me in the kitchen! So yesterday morning she cracked the eggs and helped me make breakfast. Today I found out she is an excellent green-bean-snapper! Which is good news for me! I don't really enjoy that, so she has won herself a new job in the kitchen! It's amazing to me what a 3 year-old can help with...and she enjoys it! It is exciting for her! I love using it as an opportunity to encourage her in serving and thank her for what a big helper she is to me!

Here she is snapping beans...

4 comments:

Mimi said...

You have been BUSY updating your BLOG, girl...thanks for all the cute pictures, and glimpses into your lives.....

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Aw!!! How fun!! Last night I had the girls and we pretended we were on a cooking show (new phase?!). So we nicknamed ourselves these southern names and had so much fun making all these 'new' 'recipes' for our audience (McKenzie :o). Our menu consisted of chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, chicken parm, watermelon and rice krispie treats (they helped!)...oh and lemonade with a delightful lime slice garnish. :o) Katelyn thought it was the prettiest thing - I was cracking up. I used 10x more dishes than I should have but it was way worth it!

Meghann Roberts said...

I have a little more time on my hands this week!! =)

Meghann Roberts said...

How fun Jenn!!! =) I like that idea a lot!! Hey, and that's what dishwashers are for!!