Monday, August 20, 2007

Applying FuN!

Last week our Mom's Blog posted different ways to spend time enjoying our children! (This week they are focusing on ideas for dads!) If you have little ones, please check out these posts...you will not be disappointed and I'm sure your little ones will be more than thrilled!

I am so task oriented and so often push having fun with my girls to the back burner thinking that I have other things I "need" to do. Now sometimes that is true, but a lot of times things can wait! Steve has been encouraging me more recently to play with the girls and so I've been trying to do just that. Last week's posts on the Mom's Blog reminded me of some great things to do with the girls and there were even a few things I hadn't heard of that we'll be trying!

We made a castle one day in the living room and the girls dressed up as princesses. Reagan protected us from the silly dragons. I had no idea building a little castle with a few blankets would draw out such a wonderful imagination. She is still talking about it!

I love for the girls to play outside, but it has just been too hot to take them out unless we are getting in the little pool and until reading Sheree's post, I hadn't thought of all the games we could play inside...so today we played rounds and rounds of hopscotch in the living room!

Oh, and when you see the pictures below, Steve has no problem having fun with the girls! He can make Reagan laugh so hard! They love being super silly together. (He's still working on getting Sydney to really belly laugh at him!)

So, let me encourage you to have read those posts and spend some time applying what you learn!

No comments: