Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sweet Surprises!

This last week has been really wonderful! Last Thursday our Statewide Ladies Retreat - Joy Inexpressible - began. I've been praying for more joy and how amazing it was to hear teaching and Scripture about joy over and over again! Also, I was able to see and visit with some of my wonderful friends throughout the weekend. Friday morning there were two sessions and I thought I would miss them both, but *first surprise* Steve took off work early and I was able to make it to the second morning session! Then I was able to spend the rest of the day having lunch with some of our Home Group Ladies and then I went to Panera to spend some time with the Lord and look over my notes from earlier that morning. I almost didn't know what to do with myself having that much "free time"!! Then I went to dinner with one of my sweet, encouraging, wise friends ;). Then we had an amazing evening of worship and ministry! I love going to church and worshiping with my girls hanging all over me, but it was wonderful to be able to worship without any distractions for a while! On Saturday we had one more message to hear and a very cute skit (thanks Debi) to conclude the retreat. After that I was planning on going home, but my husband (who is amazing!) said I could enjoy a little more time out with my friends and go to lunch (another *surprise*)! We had a great time just visiting for a little while - laughter is such good medicine for the soul! (And if you know Jenn, you know if you're with her a good laugh is not far away!!) THEN on Sunday evening we went to Mom and Dad's for Father's Day and Steve had arranged for the girls to spend the night and he took Monday off. He *SuRpRiSeD* me with a day at Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios and then took me out to dinner. We had so much fun!! We talked and laughed and played ALL day. It was quite a date! Then on Tuesday he *surprised* me again with a pretty bouquet of daisies which I have really been enjoying looking at as I cleaned house yesterday and today as I am taking care of a sick little girl!

1 comment:

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Um...I'm funny?! Huh. Didn't know that!

...wow, you've got a great husband!!! Good job, Steve!!! ;o)

Love you!