Thursday, February 2, 2012

Who Am I?

A couple of weeks ago I received a package I had been waiting for in the mail. I was so excited, only when I opened it up I realized I had made a mistake and ordered the wrong thing.

And it was a heavy thing...
Oh, and I did mention it was MY mistake...
So shipping it back was going to be expensive.

I hate making mistakes like that. I started calling myself names like "I'm such an idiot, I'm so stupid," etc...I know, I know - real mature! Reagan stopped me and said "Mom, why are you saying those things about yourself? You really shouldn't - it's not true." Gulp. I stopped. And I thanked her. Later that night, I was thinking about my costly mistake again and those words began taunting me again - along with others like "failure, you just disappoint others, you're so dumb you can't even order something online right", etc., etc. - In that moment I felt like the Lord stopped me and said "This is who you - and maybe others - say you are - but who do I say you are? Look to Me. Look to the Truth in My Word. I call you by these names:
My beloved.
My friend.
My child.
Saved.
Clean.
Forgiven.
Called.
Chosen one.
Dearly loved.
This is my true identity. This is my identity IN CHRIST. Not because of anything I have done or have not done, but because of Who HE is and what He has accomplished on that rugged tree.

"If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above,
where Christ is,seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above,
not on things that are on earth."
Colossians 3:1-2

Lord, keep my eyes off myself and on You. Thank you that when my eyes are on You, and how You love Your children, I can't help but want to worship. Thank You that You are always faithful to Your promises and You never leave or forsake the one's You draw to Yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a precious child of GOD and my precious child, too. So thankful for your heart to love and serve God and for your humility. Will I ever be like you.....well, there's always hope.

I Love you!
Mama