Thursday, February 2, 2012

Growing Girls

Time is zooming by. I mean seriously, is it already February? Is my seven year old really so tall? I can just hope her jeans are shrinking and she didn't really just grow another inch, although I'm sure that is not reality. And how is my five year old a snaggle-tooth already? One day I will miss the adorable toothless giggles that greet me across the table during breakfast. And my baby - well, she's twirling and whirling and coloring and keeping up with the big girls. And, oh, yep - her pants have decided to shrink, too! =) Sometimes I don't want to blink. I just sit and watch and listen and try to soak in the sister-love that's going on around me, the silly giggles, the corny knock-knock jokes, who's hanging from the swing set, and who's in control of the Rapunzel dress at the moment.

Other times I don't mind the change. I love watching the girls grow and change. I love seeing God's hand at work and wonder what He has in store for their little lives and am in awe that I actually get to live life with them day in and day out. Learning about history, reading Swiss Family Robinson, Little House on the Prairie lunch "dates", Bible around the table, working in the yard together, playing "maids" to get the house in order, hide and go seek in the dark, having actual conversations about life, playing freeze tag, seeing what bug Reagan decides to surprise me with (at least the last one was a dead lizard!), watching the girls grow and want to help each other and other people...these things and many more make me not mind "blinking".

So, yes, my last post was October. A lot has happened since then. There has been much laughter, many tears, lots of sugar eaten, disciplines given, chores taken care of, snuggles, boo-boos, school work, swinging, sliding, twirling, piano practicing, loosing of teeth, books read, bubble baths, doll playing and dress up. Whew, all that just happened today! I can't wait to see what's in store for tomorrow!

Here's toothless Wonder Girl - another one has fallen out since this shot last week!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

tell me about it, i think (and have to remind myself) every day how fast it goes by! Grateful that eternity will never end :) praying all our kiddos will be with us there and that we will be faithful with the days we have here! Love you friend :)