Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spunky Monkey and the Grace of God!!

Time to document!!

I am so grateful to the Lord for bringing us through different seasons...some that have their fair share of trials and others that don't. Through both God shows Himself good and faithful and true. That being said, I have to document this season with Sydney. For me, transitioning from one to two was quite difficult! Sydney has been a bit of a challenge at times =). Through the first year of crying (screaming) going into Children's Ministry, to working on whining and defiance, to me just wanting to stay home because I didn't want to have to bring her out in public, etc. (Pause - I have to go take care of her because she is putting boogers on her sister!) BUT over the last few months we have seen God changing our little pumpkin! I mean dramatically! Every time someone here says how sweet Sydney has been, or how she has responded or how she has shared or been kind, truly my heart leaps! Now she is the one talking to everyone in the stores, being super goofy (which she has been able to make us laugh pretty hard since she was very little!) and learning to respond and obey. I know she is so young and I am sure there will be many more challenging seasons with her, but I tell you what - I'm going to enjoy this one!!!

Here's a little update on the things she likes to do!

Ham it up! She making up silly songs to tunes she knows, dance crazy and make funny faces.

Play outside - especially swing. She's loved going to the park and playing in our backyard. I love when there's something she doesn't particularly want to do because then she pulls this cute little look and says "I'm too little"!

Play with her sisters. She makes sure Jordyn doesn't have to make any effort to move - she brings everything right to her! She also loves playing dolls, LPS, doll house, Legos, Tinker Toys and digging in the dirt with Reagan!

Worship. She has been learning worship songs and I love hearing her rendition of them when we are hanging out at home or in the van or outside. Also she has been attentive and singing and dancing at church.

She's not too big on eating right now (unless it's something like McDonald's) or dogs!

Well, that's the skinny on our little Spunky Monkey right now!

4 comments:

flfreckles.blogspot.com said...

Your an AMAZING mom! I love the picture of Sydney and it's so awesome to see God at work in her life :) Miss you!

Janelle Morrison said...

I absolutely love this post and that you're talking about evidences of grace in your TWO year old (almost 3!) It has been a joy to watch the LORD's faithfulness to and through you in your Biblical love for Sydney, and how He is changing her. She is such a joy!

HUGS and KISSES, Syd!

Anonymous said...

Grannie says....Is she saying "Cheeeeeze...........? Cute picture. Yes, when I visited a couple of weeks ago, as I told you, there was a DEFINITE difference in Sydney.....She is adorable and it will be exciting to see what God has in store for her.

Love to all....

Colleen Moore said...

Too cute! =D

I hear you guys are settling in up there...I LOVE hearing about how different folks are being knitted to you guys...It makes me think "If it's this fun knowing that folks from two different states are becoming friends, can you imagine what HEAVEN will be like??? We'll ALL be together FOREVER...WITH THE LORD!" =D

I know, I'm coo-coo! =D

Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hi!" and let you know that I am keeping tabs on you guys, and I am praying for you! I told Ann a few weeks ago while we were visiting Metro that you guys are JUST what SGC needed! I am SO excited for your time there!

AND, I wouldn't mind at all if you would post pictures of your weekend visitors, or any of the Atlantians. ;D (I wasn't even home from church yesterday when I got a call saying someone had met Steph and Jenn. Too fun!)

Hope you're having a WONDERFUL day! =D