Thursday, July 12, 2007

TAG - You're It!

Jaime (from Unambiguously Speaking) tagged me! The rule is that I must list 5 reasons why I love Christ. After that, I must tag 5 other bloggers. I read Jaime's blog this morning and saw I had been "tagged". Thanks, Jaime! I've been thinking about this throughout the day, and though I could write so many more than 5 reasons right now, I'll stick with the 5! So here goes...

1. I love the Lord because He rescued me!

"He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God."
Psalm 40:2-3


2. I love the Lord because He has forgiven me of all my sins!

"The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love...He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His steadfast love toward those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does He remove our transgressions from us."
Psalm 103:8,10-12


3. I love the Lord because He has given me an amazing husband who is so patient with me and who is faithful to me and who makes me laugh like no one else can! Even when I'm in a funky mood like today, he has been able to make me laugh - and laugh hard!

4. I love the Lord because of His mercy. Because of His mercy I have been bound to Him in way I could have never achieved on my own.

"We...have passed into a new condition with regard to God. We were once, at the very best, only His subjects, and having sinned we were scarcely fit to be called subjects, but rebels, traitors, attainted of high treason. But now since grace has renewed us we are not only His pardoned subjects, but what is far better, wondrous grace has made us His beloved sons and daughters..." (Charles Spurgeon)

5. I love the Lord because He is good and every situation and circumstance He allows to happen in my life is for His glory and for my good. It's so hard for me to comprehend that, but I do know it is true. I can look back and see how even the darkest times in my life God has shone Himself faithful. One of my favorite songs is "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord". I have had the privilege of being able to sing that song in the best of times and through the saddest time in my life and, by God's grace, know the words are true.

Blessed Be the Name of the Lord
Blessed be Your Name in the land that is plentiful

Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your Name
Blessed be Your Name
When I’m found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be Your Name

Every blessing You pour out I’ll turn back to praise

When the darkness closes in Lord still I will say

Blessed be the Name of the Lord
Blessed be Your Name
Blessed be the Name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious Name

Blessed be Your Name
When the sun’s shining down on me
When the world’s all as it should be
Blessed be Your Name
Blessed be Your Name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there’s pain in the offering
Blessed be Your Name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord blessed be Your Name

So, here's who I'm going to tag!

Medana

Cher

Jenn

Tracy

Kelly

1 comment:

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Ooo! Bummer! Medana, Tracy, Kelly and I were already tagged! ;o) By Tammy and Janelle...but I'll still mention you.

Love you!