Monday, May 21, 2007

Hey Ya'll!

Last week I took the girls to Louisiana to see my dad and to go to Curt's high school graduation! Thankfully my mom went too, so I had lots of help on the plane! I couldn't have done that without her. Reagan has flown before, so she was so excited to be able to fly again. She even carried her own suitcase through the airport! Sydney did great on both flights. She was 90% recovered from an ear infection, so I was a little concerned that she may scream the whole time, but she didn't! They kept us busy, but they were great!

The girls and I went to my Aunt Pat's as soon as we got off the plane and my dad was waiting for us. The girls just loved on him, and to my delight Sydney even went to him and giggled and laughed and played with him! She's been quite a "Mommy's Girl" these days, so I was expecting the worst and hoping for the best. By God's grace she did wonderful! She did scream almost every time my poor Aunt Pat tried to pick her up! We spent a couple of days with my dad and Aunt Pat and then headed to Alexandria for Curt's graduation and Mother's Day.

Saturday we had a super yummy crawfish boil for Mother's Day. Oh my! I ate until I couldn't eat any more! Reagan tried them, but I think I enjoyed them more than she did. Thank goodness for microwavable hamburger helper! Chantelle and Rodney have a couple of horses and it was so cute - while we were eating crawfish and visiting, Reagan ran over to swing over by the fence where the horses were and one of them came over and grabbed the back of the swing and started swinging Reagan!

Sunday we went to Curt's Baccalaureate (which was at 8 AM) and we had to try to control ourselves when Reagan tooted really loud on the wooden bleacher. Thankfully she belted out a sweet "excuse me" for if she hadn't no one would have believed it was a child. She also couldn't wait to tell Curt how beautiful she thought his purple dress (robe) was! We spent the rest of the afternoon celebrating his graduation with a party at their house and then the girls and I went out to Aunt Patti's and Uncle Mickey's for the evening!

Monday Telle and I took the girls to Chuckee Cheese's for lunch. Reagan had never been before so she was quite amazed! It took me a while to explain to her the name of the place is Chuckee Cheese's NOT Chuckee Jesus'!! She and Harley played and were so cute to watch. Sydney had fun riding in the little cars, too! That night Aunt Patti and Uncle Mickey watched my girls so I could go to graduation. It's still hard for me to believe that Curt has graduated. He is doing so well! I'm so grateful I was able to be there to celebrate with him and see him take another step in growing up!

Tuesday we headed back up to Shreveport and we were able to visit with my cousin Lindsey and Aunt Bertha and Uncle Wayne as well as with my Dad and Aunt Pat some more. Oh, and Aunt Pat has a sweet friend named Charlene who has an adorable little girl and they came to play, too! It was a good trip and I was totally exhausted when I got back home - the girls and I slept until almost 10 AM Friday morning!

Steve had a business trip the same week we were gone and he flew back in on Friday afternoon and boy, were we glad to see him!

Here are some pictures from our trip!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Thanks for "taking us along" with you to LA! Those were great pictures. Happy belated birthday to Steve...I know he was most pleased that you were all back together again in your sweet little home!

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Ahahaha! That's hysterical!!! I cannot believe Reagan tooted during graduation!! Oh my! I can see the whole thing in my mind now...