Friday, March 30, 2007

MMM...MMM...GOOD!

Today Reagan and I had a very exciting day together! We dropped Sydney off at her Citi's and drove up to Plant City with Dena, Mia and Ella to pick strawberries! On the way we stopped off for a donut and when we were all sugared-up we made it to the strawberry farm. Lots of our friends and Reagan's cousins and Aunt Sissy were already there. Reagan helped me pick one quart and then I think she ate another one or two quarts before we left the farm! Then after working so hard =) we went to McDonald's for a Happy Meal! It was so fun just taking Reagan out for the day today and playing! I think I was more excited starting out this morning than she was! Recently I was struggling with Reagan and her obeying me. It seemed like she was trying to get attention from me any way she could and I found myself constantly correcting and disciplining her. I know there will be many more seasons like that with her, this was just the first time I experienced my darling daughter consistently trying to exert her will against mine...and then when Steve would get home she would obey him the first time. A wise lady with two older girls (thanks Vikki!!!) gave me some counsel I wasn't expecting to hear as I was sharing my sins and struggles one morning. She encouraged me to spend time one on one with my girls just having fun with them. She told me how she has done that with her girls and how that has helped their relationship! I am so grateful for that counsel and so grateful that I have people who are able to help me with one daughter when the other just needs a little "mommy time"!! I am looking so forward to doing this again with both of my girls and making fun memories, AND I look forward to making special memories with each of them individually, too!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mama says:

What a great adventure! I just LOVE all the pictures of all the children with evidence all over their little faces! What wonderful memories you are making.

Love,
Mama