Thursday, February 10, 2011

Junior. Part 2.

Saturday morning was a sad, sad morning. Friday night Steve and I realized that little Junior was making our girls sick. We called the Pet Store Saturday morning and they told us to bring him back. What he has wasn't easy to treat and the girls would continue to catch it as well. My heart ached as Steve told Reagan and as I watched her hold her new little buddy and pet him and cry. It's amazing how quickly we can attach to something. Not that I was attached to him, but much worse, my baby girl was. Watching her hurt is so much more difficult than hurting myself. And I know there will be many times throughout her life that she will ache and I hope and pray I can extend compassion and love to her during those times. Most of all, it is another opportunity where her heart is softened towards the love of God and His care and His comfort. I loved being able to pray for her about it, or when my Mama called and said they prayed for her at their Wednesday morning prayer meeting at church! Being able to point her to the true Prince of Peace is worth the ache, even when it is hard.

Steve is so sweet and explained things to her so well. After he told the girls (Sydney didn't seem to care at all, and Jordyn was clueless except for the fact that her Sissy was upset which she did care about) he took them to Home Depot for a craft while I took Junior back. Jordyn has asked for him everyday since then, but Reagan is doing fine! We won't be housing any more indoor animals for a long, long, long time, though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How true it is that when our "babies" hurt (no matter WHAT their age) it so much harder on us Moms (and grandmothers, too)...I'm glad that Reagan is doing so well...God is GOOD!

Love,
Mama