Thursday, April 12, 2007

The BEST Job in the World!

My days are pretty repetitious...get up, breakfast with the girls, read to Reagan, play a little, pick up the house, nap time for Sydney, make lunches, do house work, listen to the girls play, nap times again, make dinner, clean up more dishes, put the girls to bed, pick up the house again. BUT, I wouldn't trade these days for ANYTHING. I think I have the best job in the world! Today I took the girls to Costco (one of Reagan's favorite stops because if we go at lunch time she gets to eat a whole 1/4 lb hot dog by herself)! As we were walking through the store, Reagan kept alternating kisses between Sydney and I. And I took all of them she would give! She asked what seemed like a million questions as we walked through the store, and instead of telling her she needed to stop talking, like oftentimes I have to do, I just let her ask. And I told her I always want her to come to me and ask questions!

Lately it seems as I have been not embracing this calling with joy. I was reading in Carolyn Mahaney's book "Femine Appeal" today about homemaking, and thank God for His gentle reminders and the conviction He brings to my heart when I begin relying more on my abilities than seeking Him for strength for my days! So, today, I repented and asked the Lord to see my tasks set before me with new eyes...ones that would see that each task at hand is one in which I have the opportunity to either bring Him glory and make my home one of joy and comfort! I want to remember everyday that I have been given the Best Job in the World!

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; in Him my heart trusts and I am helped." Psalm 28:7


3 comments:

Medana22 said...

God is so kind isn't He:) Hopefully you won't have to repent as many times as I have the last few weeks on that matter!

Katherine Peschau said...

I was able to get on your blog, YEAH! I guess I just did not do something right last time. It was a blessing looking at the pictures of your precious children and reading about what your days are like. What a desire you have to serve God, your husband, and your family. I hope you have an amazing week!

Brad said...

It's a wonderful job being a mommy. And I agree with you, it's important to take time to stare at our children and thank God for the life He has trusted us with. Thank you for constantly updating your blog, you do a great job and I enjoy keeping up with your family. Love, Jill