Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Just a Cruisin'!

Steve, me, Dena and Derek headed out to Mexico for a 5 day, 4 night cruise. What an absolute blast we had! Despite the 12 ft waves that caused a rockin' boat for 4 of the 5 days, we still had a great time! We ate, watched shows, ate, laughed, ate, slept, ate, watched Dena sing Karoke, ate some more, explored a Mexican jungle, ate, shopped in Cozumel, OH, and did I mention we ate?!?!

Here are my top 10 highlights from our trip:

1. Spending time with my husband with no distractions - no work, no phones, no computers, no kiddos, no yard work - just us being able to hang out and laugh and talk!

2. Spending time with our friends and getting to catch up with what is going on in their lives! Being able to share fun memories with them! (Dena and I have been friends for 10 years now!)

3. Coming back from dinner to see what adorable towel animal would be awaiting us on our bed!

4. Being served dinner four nights in a row and getting to try all different types of food and yummy desserts. Oh, and pizza at midnight!

5. Laying out on the deck and reading a good book.

6. Scaring Derek in the hallway!

7. Taking a nap in the middle of the day (even if it was because I just couldn't hold my eyes open from the medicine I took so I wouldn't get seasick!).

8. Going on the zip lines and swimming in the caverns in Mexico =)!

9. Watching Dena pretend like she was me for the Game Show!

They called my name, but Dena was definitely the better one to answer the trivia questions, so she energetically ran up to compete! It was very funny when she announced her husband as Steve Roberts!

10. Did I mention just being able to get away with my hubby?!?!

The girls had a vacation of their own while we were away...they stayed with their Grannie, Siti, Grandpappy, and Tia.

No comments: