Friday, January 19, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I can hardly believe it is the middle of January. This year is already passing by way too quickly! This new year has brought about lots of new changes for our family! Here's the skinny...

We'll start with the smallest first!

Sydney is almost 9 months old. Wow! She finally has her first tooth. It decided to poke out right before Steve and I left for vacation last week. With the tooth has come a new found happiness for our little cutie pie! She has been much happier lately (except around 5 PM which is her normal fussy time). Scooting around super fast is what she is up to these days. She is starting to get into everything! She loves playing with her big sister - especially with her little balls and her monkeys. She is starting to babble more and more. Her and Reagan will sit in the back seat and jabber to one another while we run errands. She is a great napper and sleeper, for which I am so grateful for and I am also so incredibly grateful that she has remained so healthy for the last 9 months!

Reagan has several different titles that she will call herself now...she is "my big helper", she is "Sydney's best friend", and she is "The cooking butterfly" (that's a new one as of today!! Today she was working in her kitchen with her wings on and announced to me that she was the "Cooking Butterfly" and that she was baking me chocolates! She is definitely my big helper - she picks up all her toys when she's done with them, she "helps" me fold clothes, she helps me empty the dishwasher, and she watches her sister when I am working on something! And the great thing is as of right now, I don't have to ask her twice to do these things...she wants to do them! (Well, maybe she's not always so excited to pick up her toys =)!) And as for being Sydney's best friend - I hope that title will last for a long, long, long time! She has been so sweet with her. Right now she is learning that she has to share with her sister, but even with that she is doing well. I know right now is the time for me to really watch and train her to be kind to Sydney and that is only going to help their friendship grow and grow!

Steve and I just returned from a cruise with our friends Derek and Dena. It was an absolute blast (I'll post more about it when I post the pictures from it!) We decided to go now because Steve will be starting a new job in about a week and he needed to use up his vacation time from his old job. We are so excited about this new job he will be beginning. He'll be working with a guy from church and another guy he went to school with. He'll only be working about 4 miles from home and he'll still be doing *cool* simulation work! God has been so faithful to provide this job. Steve had a couple of other offers, but through much prayer and counsel we believe this is where he is supposed to go. He also just began 2 classes at UCF...after these 2 he will only have 3 more before completing his Masters. We will definitely be celebrating then! =) This will be a tough semester, so please pray that God will give us much patience and grace during this season and also that we will be very intentional with our time as there won't be to much of it to spare! We also began hosting a Home Group at our house and we are so excited! It is so neat to see the group of people the Lord has brought together and we are looking forward to just getting to know everyone better. Steve has done a great job (I can say this and publish it because he's not reading it first =)!!) and I'm so proud of him! It's been so neat to watch him grow over these past few months and also to see him get so nervous (that's a rarity!) before group! We are so grateful for all the teaching we receive and grateful that we have these mid-week meetings to learn and grow more and be in fellowship with other people from church! My days haven't changed much at all...I pretty much do the same things everyday, but I wouldn't trade 'em for anything! The girls keep me busy all day long and Steve does, too! =) I love being able to be available to them, though! OK, well speaking of - it's time for lunches, naps, etc! Gotta go for now! More to come...

No comments: