Wednesday, August 2, 2006

1, 2, Buckle My Shoe...

Recently Reagan started singing this little song that I used to sing when I was a little girl...

1, 2, Buckle My Shoe
3, 4, Shut the Door
5, 6, Pick up Sticks
7, 8, Lay them Straight
9, 10, BEGIN AGAIN!

My new rendition goes like this...

1, 2 Wake up, get breakfast ready, have devotions, exercise, and OH! another diaper full of poo!
3, 4, Pick up the House some More
5, 6, Go to the Grocery Store, Make Lunch, and don't forget there are cookies to mix!
7, 8, Make sure the rooms are all straight
9, 10, Do it ALL Again!

This morning I was reading in my Bible and I came across these verses:

"O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am! Behold, you have made my days a few handbreadths, and my lifetime is as nothing before You. Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath!" Psalm 39:4-5

It seems like everyday goes by so quickly right now and often days it seems like I am just doing the same things over and over and over again. Wait! I am doing the same things over and over again! God has me in the wonderful season of motherhood with a toddler and an infant and this season consists of constantly feeding, changing, playing with, disciplining, kissing boo-boos, picking up toys, reading books, and making meals. This will be my life for many years to come and although some things seem so mundane and seem to be overlooked, I know that our sweet Savior sees everything we do and that makes me want to do even the most mundane, everyday tasks in a way that will glorify God! These couple of verses I read this morning reminded me that my time on earth is so short. None of us know the hour in which we will be taken away from this earth. If I did die today, I would want to know that I had gotten up and washed clothes, changed diapers, and made Reagan's cheese sandwich with a heart full of joy and a desire to serve and glorify my Savior! Too many days I don't have this perspective, but I am definitely praying that this will be on the forefront of my mind as I walk through my days!

Today I'll leave you with a little question that Steve asked me the other day!

What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hm...biggest time-waster?! That's a good thought-provoker!!

Um...are you trying to rewrite songs for another 'Seasons'...cuz if you are....

; )