Monday, March 26, 2012

3234 Oak Tree Lane

Over the last couple of months, Steve has been building a playhouse for the girls.

It's about 6 feet off the ground, looks like our house =), has a great view, and is so.stinkin'.cute.

When I see the playhouse in all its adorableness (not sure that is really a word!), I think of the hours and hours of fun the girls are going to have playing house and school and restaurant, the hours of reading and eating and laughing, the hours of sister-talks and friend-talks, the times they'll run up there for a good cry or to just think for a while. But that's not what I think about most when I look out my window and see the house with the address 3234 Oak Tree Lane. (Reagan's address for their new place!) I think most about the man who put the house together and what a labor of love that house displays.

What a dad. What a man. He has so much to do and yet he takes the time and money to make something special for his girls. Regularly I think they don't realize how good they have it. And then I think in many ways I'm glad they don't. I tell them regularly, but they have nothing to compare too. That their dad enjoys playing with them and teaching them to throw baseballs and climb trees and weed the yard is normal for them. I am so thankful that they have a dad that will stop and listen to them and tickle them and pray over them. Who will take them out for breakfast dates on Fridays and Lowes dates on Saturdays and read the Bible to them over breakfast. Who will take them on walks and teach them to ride bikes and dare them to do things I wouldn't do!

When I look at that little yellow house with a tin roof, I see another expression of love from a dad who adores his girls. I hope that little house weathers a lot of storms (and any large falling tree branches!). More than that, I hope the Lord uses it and the many other ways their dad demonstrates love and care toward them to set their eyes and hearts on HIM, and that He uses the ways that Steve loves them as their earthly father to reveal to them that He, their Savior, loves them even more. My heart is full of gratefulness when I see my girls being cared for by their dad.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He IS a great dad and I so enjoy seeing him interact with the girls when we get together. They will know how wonderful he is and appreciate all he does for them in time.

Mama

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.