Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Little Girl.Long Way

Out of the Depths
-Sovereign Grace Music

Out of the depths, O Lord, I cry to You
When I am tempted to despair
Though I might fail to trust Your promises
You never fail to hear my prayer
And if You judged my sin
I’d never stand again
But I see mercy in Your hands

So more than watchmen for the morning
I will wait for You, my God
When my fears come with no warning
In Your Word I’ll put my trust
When the harvest time is over and I still see no fruit
I will wait, I will wait for You

The secret mysteries belong to You
We only know what You reveal
And all my questions that are unresolved
Don’t change the wisdom of Your will
In every trial and loss
My hope is in the cross
Where Your compassions never fail

This song rang through our home, our car, our shower, my head, my heart many, many, many times for the first 3 years of our Jordyn's life.

Today I was sitting here at breakfast, watching her put down some Rice Crispies, and I was just overwhelmed with JOY.

Joy in what the Lord has done and is doing in this little girl - the little girl who used to scream, out of anger, for eight or nine hours straight. The little girl who used to sit on the floor and bury her fists in the ground when we asked her to do something. The little girl who would refuse to eat because she simply didn't want to pick up the food. The little girl who would scream every Sunday during worship.

This morning she's eating and listening and talking - thanking me for her cereal and asking to play beads, and as she clears her dishes and puts them in the sink she begins dancing around the kitchen saying "it's time to party"! The LORD indeed is good. And not only has He been changing her, He's been changing me. Again...big, grateful sigh! =) HIS steadfast love endures forever. HIS faithfulness never ends. HIS mercies ARE new e.v.e.r.y. day.

I read these verses this morning and began praying it for the girls...

"The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. Glad songs of salvation are in the tents of the righteous." Psalm 118:14-15

May He be their strength and song. May He save them! May glad songs pour forth from their lips as they are overwhelmed by God's unending, never-stopping, always and forever love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She truly IS a delight. I love her dearly. (My angel!)

Mama

Jennifer F said...

I'm so excited for you. :) Thrilled, really!!!

rsgoldget said...

This advisory board will enable us to move forward with some of those initiatives and help us continue supporting existing programs like GameMentorOnline. We can't wait to see what a difference having this group will make for us, and ultimately everyone in the industry."Women in Games Internation aims to promote the inclusion and advancement of women in the games industry?w
RS Gold

Buy RS Gold