Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's Been a Decade...

and there is no other place that I would rather be than in his arms!

A little over 10 years ago I said "I do" to my man. At the time we had no idea what was in store for us on this adventure called marriage. We had no idea the joys and trials we would experience. We had no clue we would move so many times, have so many different jobs, have three beautiful girls, move out of state, buy a fixer-upper home, and so much more. We didn't know we would miscarry our first child or be apart for weeks at a time because of the way God chose to bring provision into our home for a season. We didn't know we would have different people live with us for seasons or that we would save money for a big 10 year get away by selling records! We didn't know that 10 years later we would actually love each other more than the day we were married. I didn't think it was possible. But it is. I love Steve. I regularly stand amazed, that God, in His great grace and providence, has allowed me to be this man's helper. I'm amazed that he would have even wanted to marry me, and not only that, but has stayed with me and loved me and continues to learn to pursue me and most of all that He loves the Lord. He is a man I respect and admire. He is the one who sees me at my best and my worst and loves me even at my unloveliest! He challenges me to do hard things and he makes me laugh everyday.

We are so grateful that we were able to get away for the longest amount of time we've ever been away to celebrate the goodness of God in our lives last month. We enjoyed each other and made memories in one of the most beautiful places we've ever been too. (I already put pictures under May of our trip to Hawaii!)

I can't wait to see what the next 10 years, and the next, and the next hold. I'm sure there will be much joy, many trials, many blessings, much laughter and tears. More memories and Lord willing, a lot of change and growth for our family. Hopefully we will set an example for our girls that makes marriage appealing, but most of all that our relationship will point them to the Gospel and goodness of our Savior, for without Him, we would not be able to have this testimony thus far!

No comments: