Friday, January 9, 2009

Reagan Makes Dinner!

For Christmas my mom bought Reagan Paula Deen's Kid's Cookbook, so earlier this week I let her pick out what she wanted to make for dinner one day this week. She picked Ambrosia Salad and Personal Pizzas. Not the healthiest for sure, but what of Paula's is?!?! When we went grocery shopping, the only thing she was concerned about was making sure we found the little marshmallows...and then she carried the whole time we were at the store! Well, last night she made her dinner and she did such a good job! She read all the directions and helped me measure, pour, stir and serve. She even picked out the ingredients for our pizzas - we could have cheese, pepperoni or pepperoni and black olives! She was super excited and dinner turned out really good! We all enjoyed it and there was hardly a crumb left on the girls' plates! I'm hoping that she can start helping make a meal once a month! It gives us some good one on one time and helps her learn, too!



3 comments:

Janelle Morrison said...

Meghann, I cannot believe how amazing you are! Titus two at age four?! You are oustandingly incredible! What a mom!

Reagan, you are way too cute for your own good-- and if you keep making dinner, you might be married before ME!!! Can I be your flower girl? I love you sweet girl. Cook away!

Praise said...

I love it! What an amzing mommy you are my friend. What fun it will be when Carlye is old enough to make dinner. Not only are you fun and creative...you are very WISE! Train up a child (and next thing you know she will be making dinner a couple times a week!).

Anonymous said...

Grannie says....awwww! Too cute...looks good, too. Am glad that she is enjoying the cookbook. It brings back memories, that's for sure!

GREAT JOB, Reagan!